Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hand clenched tight

No, I didn't do a good job of 'opening my hand and taking what the Lord gives'....(aholyexperience.com)

It clenched, it fist-ed, it tried to open a little....

Later my hands stretched across the keys and my fingers opened as I played "The Lord's Prayer" in the silence of my home...silence broken by heart-rending sobs....and verbal words as I said, "I don't do very well at 'forgiving others'..."

The wounds were torn open...
the scars not truly  healed...
the layers of mistrust...
once again being pealed back...
open sores with pain so deep I think they will never heal

Just as I think they might be healing, the talons come
                           ...ripping...tearing....causing hysteria to rush overflowing

My wounds, deep, cutting, hurtful.....


Yet on this day, this weekend of celebration for what our Savior did for us....

His wounds....His feelings of betrayal....

does He feel a tiny bit of how I feel?

Am I tasting a tiny bit of how He felt....for me?

0 comments: