Thursday, March 24, 2011

I was wrong...

Ok...I know several friends have said this was an awesome lady who had an awesome website....

....but I just thought to myself..."I don't want to hear any more theology etc...etc" 

Some where I had heard that there was some Amish/Mennonite connection (actually she just lives close to them) and I just really didn't want to have a lot to do with it because....

...I'm like that.  I have things I'd rather forget than be reminded of them. I don't enjoy reading books about their religions etc.  It's a personal thing.  It doesn't bother me if you like the books...that is fine :)  And, no, I will not discuss with you why I don't like the books. :)

So these ideas kept me from experiencing and understanding more about my life and my walk with God....

I received a book this week from my friend, Heidi.  The title is "One Thousand Gifts".   Written by Ann Voskamp .  The author and writing of the website  www.aholyexperience.com   The website I wasn't interesting in....

What a book!  I can't put it down and yet it takes time to really think about the words written and the impact they have on life....my life.  Interestingly, it's along the same line that God has been guiding me...encouraging me....to give thanks.  In the good times, in the bad times, for the little things of life.....

Yet....I struggle and will still struggle as I learn...but I'm so excited to see where this journey takes me.

I urge you to try it.   Experience it.  It could make a difference.

1 comments:

Dixie said...

I'm reading this book to Jeff as we travel to and from church. I am so enjoying it. I am glad you are enjoying it as well!